Join Our Team
Based in Orleans, Massachusetts on Cape Cod, the Homeless Prevention Council seeks to hire a Development Associate to join the fundraising efforts of a dynamic and flexible team of professionals dedicated to serving low to moderate income individuals facing housing insecurity from Harwich to Provincetown. As HPC celebrates its 30th anniversary, it is simultaneously facing an affordable housing crisis in a rapidly rising real estate market. Our case management services are essential to help year-around individual and family clients stay in their homes or find stable housing. If you are passionate about helping those in need and you have fundraising and marketing experience, HPC is a unique full-time employment opportunity.
The Development Associate is responsible for supporting strategic fundraising and marketing operations. Reporting to the Development Director, the ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, creative, interacts easily with a wide range of individuals from donors to vendors, and has superior technical, organizational, and communication skills. Success in this role will require strong instincts to “catch the moment” with the right volunteer engagement, donor follow-up and broader messaging to raise HPC awareness in the community and also to “roll up one’s sleeves” to ensure timely delivery of fundraising and other appeals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Contributes to grant proposal content and production.
• Manages annual fund print and email solicitations and other correspondence to potential donors, volunteers and HPC clients.
• Drafts content for quarterly electronic newsletters.
• Works to acquire new donors and manages a donor database; keeps in regular contact with donors during fundraising and other events.
• Creatively explores new list opportunities, donors, and foundations to expand existing mailing database. Skillfully pulls data as needed for segmented fundraising appeals.
• Posts and manages social media communications.
• Assists with the creation and finalization of programming, invitations, and guest list management for fundraising cultivation events.
• Pitches in as needed to support HPCs ongoing activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent written and oral 0communication skills.
• Displays exceptional time-management and organizational skills.
• Shows persuasiveness and the ability to procure donors, funders, and items needed for fundraising efforts.
• Demonstrates a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email or through letters.
• Works well alone as well as under direct supervision.
• Possesses experience with: donor or sales databases (preferred) office productivity software (Microsoft Office) Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
• Has the ability to work flexible work hours as needed for events.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree desired or two to three years experience in a non-profit organization or business working directly with fundraising and/or communications.
Office-based with potential for remote work. Team-driven, positive environment. Growth and development opportunity focused.
Annual salary range for this position is $40,000 - $44,000
Job Type: Full-time