About the Role
- Complete extensive initial training in working with YYA, including accurately keeping confidential client records.
- Be primary point of contact for participating and potential youth and young adult (YYA) candidates for the Cape & Islands Youth Host Homes Program (HHP).
- Meet with YYA clients who are interested in participating in the HHP and determine their eligibility for YYA services.
- Recruit, screen, train and support hosts to participate in Barnstable County’s HHP.
- Market the HHP across the Cape & Islands region.
- Conduct extensive matching process for YYA and potential hosts.
- Once a youth is housed, provide them with ongoing case management and support.
- Maintain a case load of participating and potential HHP clients.
- Ensure confidentiality when handling all aspects of YYA information.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of various community resources and collaborate with other agencies and community resources to maximize YYA outcomes.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and participate in Youth Advisory Board (YAB) meetings, as well as other YYA Partner meetings.
- Other duties needed to help drive the HHP project, fulfill HPC's mission, and abide by our organization’s values.
Please note this job description is not exhaustive and other responsibilities will be assigned.
Salary range: $25-$29/hour
Lived experience of youth homelessness, or youth housing instability is highly desired. Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel is a plus. An aptitude to learn and develop precise record keeping, database use, as well as oral and written communication skills is required. Community outreach will be required. A commitment to teamwork is essential. Must have a valid MA driver's license. Background check required. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
HPC strongly encourages people of color, people who speak languages other than English, and people of diverse cultural backgrounds and gender identities to apply. There is no college degree requirement for this position.
The Homeless Prevention Council, a nonprofit providing case management services to support self-sufficiency and stability for residents of Lower Cape Cod, is seeking a Youth Host Homes Case Manager to work with our dedicated team. The Youth Host Homes Case Manager will link unaccompanied youth and
young adults with community-based host homes, develop individualized case plans, and provide comprehensive case management services in conjunction with community partners.